SOLO PIPING & DRUMMING & QUARTET VIRTUAL COMPETITION REGISTRATION
VIRTUAL COMPETITON DATES – SEPTEMBER 11-20, 2020
Results have been posted below. If you have any questions, please email to [email protected] Prizes will be mailed soon. Scoresheets and certificates will be emailed. Thank you!
Grade 1 Piping – Only online entries will be accepted. Online entries close at 11:59 pm on August 31, 2020.
All other Grades – Only online entries will be accepted. Online Solo entries close at 11:59 pm on September 4, 2020.
Quartets – Only online entries will be accepted. Online Quartet entries close at 11:59 am on September 4, 2020,
Nick Hudson, Dan Lyden, Lyric Todkill, Jim Stack, Jim Dellahey, David Bailiff, Eric Oulette, Calum MacDonald, Iain Donaldson, Maureen Connor, Jack Lee, Derek Midgeley, Jerry Finnegan, Stuart Liddel & William MacCallum
Eric McNeil, Ed Best, Scott Fletcher, Steve McWhiter
Virtual contest Rules
- All sanctioned contests will accumulate points within the EUSPBA per standard rules.
- All decisions by judges, stewards and other festival officials are final.
- This a EUSPBA Sanctioned Event and all rules and regulations concerning competition apply unless otherwise stated
- Competitors in events which require multiple tune submission must submit all tunes with entry form.
- Grade 1 Piping – You will be notified no later than August 31, 2020 of the tunes that have been selected
- All other Grades – You will be notified no later than September 7, 2020 of the tunes that have been selected.
- Each event must be submitted in a separate video
- Each event video must be made in one complete take (no editing, or splicing)
- The competitor must clearly state his/her name, grade, contest, competitor number, tune, current date and time at the beginning of the video
- Quartets will submit Band EUSPBA number and a roster of member playing
- Competitors will not be required to be in Highland dress or march
- All other rules applicable to EUSPBA contests (i.e. sanctioning, result reporting etc.) remain in effect
- Your videos must be not be recorded before
- Grade 1 Piping – September 1, 2020 @8:00 AM
- All other Grades – September 8, 2020 @ 8:00 AM.
- Quartets may record as early as September 11, 2020 @ 8:00 AM
- All video’s must be uploaded by
- Grade 1 Piping – September 4, 2020 @ 8:00 AM
- All other Grades – September 11, 2020 @ 8:00 AM, Quartets – September 12, 2020 @ 8:00 AM
- Open-Pro, Grade 2 and Quartets will have until September 12, 2020 at 8:00 AM
- Your video should show most or all of your body, including your head. Your video must be lighted properly so your face and hands can be clearly seen.
- Videos with poor lighting or sound (backlighting, face and hands not clearly visible, distorted sound, etc.) may be not be accepted.
- Upload your video to YouTube and set it to Public or Unlisted but not private.
- Playing on a snare drum is encouraged but not required. You may play on a drum pad or table top.
- For drumming events, no piper is needed. You have the choice to play unaccompanied, with a live piper, or with a recording of a piper.
- If you choose to use a recording of a piper, the recording may be of a piper playing the Highland bagpipes, Electronic pipes, or practice chanter.
- Copy and paste the link into a Word document (be sure it’s a hyperlink so the judges can click on it).
- Save the word document using the format: name, competitor number, grade event, 2020NHHG
- Email the word document to both [email protected] and [email protected]
- We will make sure everything is in order for the judges during the week
- Judges will review the videos between
- Grade 1 Piping – September 11th and September 13th
- All other Grades – September 18th and September 20th.
- NHSCOT reserves the right to limit the number of competitors entering each contest. In the event an event is restricted, competitors will be registered based on date of entry.
- Results will be posted on the NHSCOT.org website.