Legal Guardian's Name if Volunteer is Under 18 Years Old
If the volunteer is under 18 years of age, then you must enter the name of the volunteer's legal guardian.
Cell Phone *
Enter N/A if not available
I hereby certify that I am physically fit and have no medical conditions that may affect my ability to participate in or assist in the conduct of these activities.
1. As a volunteer my time and services are given without any compensation and shall not be compensated and no insurance coverage will be provided to me. I understand that NHSCOT, Loon Mountain Resort or any other venue do not assume any responsibility or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or workers compensation or insurance of any nature in the event of my injury/illness. The provisions of this document shall be binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns as governed by the State of New Hampshire.
2. I agree that any claims which I may, at any time, bring against RELEASEES shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the State or Federal Court of New Hampshire and that no claims or actions shall be brought in any other jurisdiction. I acknowledge that if a Court determines that part of this LIABILITY RELEASE is unenforceable, all other parts shall remain in full force and effect.
3. I HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS and covenant not to bring a claim against or sue NHSCOT, Loon Mountain Recreation Corporation, Boyne USA, Inc., or other event venue including, without limitation, their past, present and future directors, officers, employees, shareholders, principals, real and personal property owners, sponsors, agents, representatives, attorneys, parent corporations, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, partners, administrators, trusts, trustees, fiduciaries, insurers, predecessors, transferees, successors, and assigns (hereafter “RELEASEES”), from any liability for personal injury, property damage, or death due to alleged NEGLIGENCE by any of the RELEASEES or for any other claim or cause of action against them. 7. As a volunteer, I have read the Code of Conduct and Ethics and expressly agree that this LIABILITY RELEASE is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New Hampshire and shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
2019 NHSCOT Code of Ethics & Conduct
As a volunteer for NHSCOT, I support and will follow the Code of Ethics and Conduct as set forth below and approved by the NHSCOT Board of Governors. NHSCOT is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the Scottish culture and heritage for future generations. Volunteers and paid staff participating in NHSCOT programs and events are subject to the organization's policies, rules and procedures. Any volunteer or staff member who violates this Code is subject to removal from the program.
Code of Ethics:
1. I will abide by the policies of NHSCOT governing all volunteers and volunteer behavior.
2. I will accept NHSCOT's policies, established positions and the decisions of Board of Governors and staff of NHSCOT that are authorized to make such decisions.
3. I will represent and seek to serve the best interests of the entire NHSCOT organization rather than just the specific interests of a committee or area.
4. While representing NHSCOT at any and all NHSCOT functions, whether internally or externally, I will always be professional and courteous, even to those who may not share my personal views. I will not use language that would be regarded by reasonable people as offensive. I will give others the opportunity to express their thoughts and be respectful to those I encounter.
5. I will be respectful of issues within NHSCOT that are confidential. I will not discuss or release information to persons within or outside of the NHSCOT organization without the express permission of the NHSCOT Board of Directors or Executive Director.
Code of Conduct:
• I will not possess or use alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs at any NHSCOT function or property or when reporting to the program while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• I recognize that possession or use of any dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items at any NHSCOT property or function. Exception to this item is the possession or such knives as a skean dhu as part of Highland attire.
• I will not use, initiate or participate in any physical, verbal or visual harassment or violence of another participant, staff member or volunteer. Nor act in any conduct that endangers the life safety, health or wellbeing of others.
• I will cooperate with an NHSCOT supervisor or staff – volunteer or paid.